Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello, World.

Howdy! My name is Cherie and this is my blog.

<---that's me in the Leopard Scarf

I'm a dental student by day and a pop culture enthusiast come every other free minute of my time. I usually spend my days sending two of my best friends my thoughts on the world; so this blog is mostly an attempt to un-clutter their inbox. 

January 2nd, 2013
2012 sucked. For various reasons. I learned a lot of lessons, grew as a person, blah blah blah- but sayonara 2012. 2013 is where it's at! Various websites have their lists of the top of 2012 (books, movies, makeup,trends,etc), but I like to be excited and have things to look forward to. Sooooooooo,


THINGS I'M EXCITED FOR JANUARY 2013 (we're gonna pretend this is going to be updated every month)...
  • January 6th- Downton Abby premieres! (full disclosure: I watched the whole season online already. BIG MISTAKE! There are so many things to discuss but no one I knew saw it. January will correct that)
  • January 8th- Pretty Little Liars new season begins. (Did I mention this is a judgement free zone? Now that I did, I would also like to add Cougar town premieres on tbs on the 8th too)
    • Also Jan 8th- I'm seeing Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Review will follow (saving email room for my dear Smi as well)
  • January 11th- Gangster Squad comes out. I probably won't see it (too violent), but I am all for seeing Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone commercials every 5 minutes for the next couple of weeks.
  • January 19- Jennifer Lawrence on SNL with FUN. (I shall go into my obsession with Jennifer Lawrence on another date)
  • January 25th- Seeing Louis CK at NJPAC 


It's gonna be a good month!
For Jess and Sara, (and the world?), here are my favorite articles of the day:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/12/toughest-scene-perks-of-being-a-wallflower.html  (you guys really need to see this movie so we can discuss how awesome Logan Lerman is)

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/jennifer-lawrence-on-staring-at-meryl-streep.html (the prequel to my  "why i love jennifer lawrence" piece)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/todd-mccarthy-picks-15-films-407396 ( I agree with 4 of his choices)

xoxo
Cherie

1 comment: