Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Slacker

Long time, no talk. However- the fact that I managed 4 posts in a month is 3 more than I thought I could do sooo self five. While I'm on the topic of gloating, it needs to be known that I kept the BIG HORRIBLE DOWNTON ABBY TWIST A SECRET FOR 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although it meant crying by myself- I'm super proud that I held out. That was a gut-wrench that needed to be felt by all, organically.

Back to business. Since I've last posted, Jennifer Lawrence won a SAG and a Golden Globe! (She also hosted snl but I'm just pretending that never happened.) Awards season is HUGE for me. The Sag, Emmys, Critics choice---those are all just the play offs for the Oscars!! I am that annoying friend who yells out every single thought I have during the show...but luckily, most (some) of my friends are as well. Here is an example of our Emmy's live-text: 


I also saw Louis CK on Friday! He's really funny but warning: do not drink wine before the show--you will fall asleep. 

On to FEBRUARY! Things to look forward to:
  • Feb. 1st- HAWLEY REUNION. (This probably doesn't mean much to you, but basically all the awesome people I lived with for 2 years will be in the same place and that makes me very happy)
  • 2nd: FUN. concert!
    • I first got into fun. early last year, but this is the first concert I am able to catch. What I did not know was fun is the new tween "it" band, so this concert will be nothing that I expected. (aka i'm making my signs to throw in the air while jumping around-but only so I fit in)
  • 3rd: BEYONCE!!! (also known as the superbowl to some)
  • 6th: Mumford and Sons concert! (this will not be with tweens, i think?)
  • 7th:  Community returns!!!!!
  • 13th: Seeing Really, Really...I am really, really excited. (had to)
  • 16th: BEYONCE HBO SPECIAL
  • 24th: My superbowl: OSCARSSSSSSS
Also in the mix are two special friends birthdays and a day just for love. There is so much to be excited for, it's like I don't even have to say "rabbit rabbit" thursday night. 

My favorite links as of late:

I have a friend who is so much wittier and cooler than I can ever hope to be. Lucky for us, she has a twitter! (<-click on the link to check it. She also has the inside scoop to new and awesome books. She's a keeper)

I was never that teen who worshiped Catcher in the Rye, I was/am more of a To Kill A Mockingbird person. But the fact that this man was such a recluse and it's by PBS-it kind of seems like a must watch.


AMY POHLER IS WRITING A BOOK. It will be awesome

Mattise exhibit at the Met looks incredible. It ends March 17th so fingers crossed the lines won't be as bad as Alexander McQueens. (Though that was so worth it as well)

When Jim Crow Drank Coke . An interesting Times piece on some history I never knew existed. 

Sorry for all the CAPS and !!!!!!!.  I'm just really excited for a fabulous February. Don't forget your Rabbit Rabbit!


xoxo
Cherie

(my friend Joanna thinks this blog should be called "Insides Cherie's Head". It's probably the most accurate description of what this is, hope you like it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment